Thursday 9 February 2012

Update

My posts to this blog stopped some time ago when I started work on a new story idea.  Much darker in tone than 'Smoke and Mirrors', it was intended to be a hardboiled, 'future-noir' piece.  Writing it was, in honesty, hard work.

I then stopped writing almost completely following the arrival of my wonderful baby son.  Priorities shifted, perception of time altered, and mental energies were diverted and exhausted elsewhere.  The whole wonderful process of being with my wife and son throughout his first seven months has gone by in a whirlwind of remarkable experiences.  I am so very lucky.

Now I find that my luck continues as I find small ways of making a return to writing.  After all, the creative urge never really diminished, it was just set aside for a time.  Some of the new writing has come from sharing the pursuit with a very good friend and some has been shaped by my new station in life.

With smaller chunks of time, I'll write smaller chunks of fiction.  Flex the old writing muscles and see if they still work.  If any of these fragments, scenes, shorts or pieces of flash fiction feel right, I'll post them.

If you are one of the readers who visit this site from time to time, please accept my sincerest thanks.  It's genuinely good to know that there are people out there who find my writing to be of interest.  I hope I can continue to entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment